Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Chefchaoun

Here in this very picturesque town on the mountainside we 5 have the 3 rooms on the terrace. The view over the town and mountains is fantastic.  It's also very cold and we slept under heavy piles of blankets. Remembering that we got warm in the sun yesterday, I have on all the clothes I brought, and will postpone a shower til afternoon.

We walked through the town to the "source" , clear mountain stream that feeds a public laundry area and continues down the edge of town. A path across the stream leads around the mountainside and up to a small mosque with great views. On our way back Elizabeth recorded the late afternoon call to prayer.  I've never heard it like you do here, echoing from the many mosques in this town, which is in a bowl sort if shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.